The research team « Development and Affects » is composed by psychiatrists, child psychiatrists, neuro pediatricians, psychologists and neuropsychologists, whose main topics of research concern the study of normative and pathological development based on experimental, clinical and epidemiological approaches.
The research developed by this team includes five complementary working axes (WA):
- WA 1. Eating disorders (e.g. effectiveness of different interventions in case of anorexia nervosa);
- WA 2. Learning (e.g. factors associated with school achievement, language, time conceptions) and developmental disorders (e.g. specifically language impairment and ADHD);
- WA 3. Mental health in childhood (e.g. predictors of young children’s recovery following PDD) and adolescence (e.g. depression and suicide);
- W4. Neurological impairment (acquired brain injury, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis in childhood) and disabilities (e.g. quality of life of deaf children);
- W5. Families (e.g. parental stress in case of severe pediatric disease) and parenting skills (e.g. psycho-educational groups of parents of autistic children, ADHD).